Re:IAU? Haste? No way. (5, Funny)
by lennier (44736) on 06:52 PM July 15th, 2012 (#40659097) Homepage
But then, I’d expect nothing less from a committee of pseudo-scientists
You, sir, have very low expectations for the noble profession of pseudo-science. I both demand and expect a whole lot more from my committees of space pseudo-scientists:
1. At least three separate and conflicting theories about the catastrophic formation of the solar system as a result of an interplanetary war between four and eight thousand years ago.
2. A dozen formulations of the Lorentz Contraction as a result of the pre-Einsteinian ether
3. A gigantic laser mounted on Mimas [wikipedia.org]
4. A baroque dying Martian civilisation clustered in glorious decadent splendour among the Red Weed entwined canals and pentagonal pyramids of Cydonia.
5. Ancient space Egyptians and Mayans with lasercats.
6. Space Mormons versus robots.
7. A literary analysis of Shakespeare’s Hamlet as really being about the precession of the equinoxes.
8. An apocalyptic prediction involving Halley’s Comet.
9. An Electric Universe theory, preferably one that makes Saturn a former star.
10. A homebuilt antigravity demonstration device harnessing the awesome power of magnets.
—You are not a brain: http://books.google.com/books? id=2oV61CeDx-YC
From a comment on: http://science.slashdot.org/story/12/07/15/2051233/is-pluto-a-binary-planet